Tuesday 6 November 2012

Underwater party

















Doh!
I was sorting through my images, and realised I never posted the pictures of little kidlet's underwater party! (You can see the invitations way back here.)
Sorry, I hope you enjoy them now even though it's a few months late.












































She wanted an Octonaut party, but, being a mean Mummy who hates character cakes I persuaded her to change the theme to a general underwater party. 
We found the Ralph Lauren fabric and that sparked the colour scheme and the line drawing details.



















These oysters with their faces were especially requested.



















I have to admit that I never make meringues, as they tend to burn in my oven, but they do look pretty, so I get in shop bought! We had jelly with gummy fish floating around.


Mini cupcakes (as kidlets never eat all the big ones) with underwater creature toppers. I made a version of my favourite iced gems. These are lustrous pearls.

I am a bit obsessed with ruffles so I added ombre wave ruffles onto the cake.

Of course no party is complete without a pinata. You can see instructions on how to make your own here.
It seems like a very long time ago, but it's lovely to be able to look back and remember my kidlet's happy face! 



















xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Originally and beautifully. hello from Germany)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the ruffles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ruffles on the big cake look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I saw a photo of this cake on Nevie-Pie Cake's facebook page and fell in love. Thank you so much for sharing the rest of it! It's spectacular in every detail. Nikki from Tikkido.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my...truly in love with the color scheme! ^_^ that ruffle waves were amazing as well!!

    ReplyDelete